Thursday, April 14, 2011

Let us have a better tomorrow

      My country, Indonesia, is facing abuse by its military and by people who are mistreating others, discriminating, cutting people‘s freedom of speech, and abusing young girls. I want a better tomorrow for my country and I know that the people want to see a positive change. We all have the goal of being free, but we can not do it alone. We need help from our fellow nations to reach our goal, because we all are apart of this planet we call Earth. All of us are called by her to love her, love each other, and live in harmony with her and ourselves. To be able to reach the harmony that mother Earth calls for, we must be in peace within each of us and within our countries. That is why I am asking my fellow human beings to help Indonesia reach harmony and be a step closer to a peaceful and prosper future.

Look at the following pictures and meditate on what you are seeing...



 
 You Tube video of military abuse. Parental Discretion. Watch Video.
      You are seeing a country that faces violence and abuse from its military. The military, who is supposed to offer protection and make you feel safe. You are seeing children, young girls being abused and tortured. You are seeing poverty and discrimination. This is not what I want to continue throughout the future of my country.
      We need equality. We need freedom. We need safety. A need is not the only thing that will cause a change, but a plan to set things in motion to make these changes happen.
      I have a plan to better my country, but I will need the political and military support of my fellow nations.
      A way to improve the military violations is to request to the United Nation to send professional teams to teach leaders of Armed Forces how to maintain control of the troops and how not to violate human rights in any issue.
      To stop discrimination the government must make it illegal for people to discriminate against someone‘s religion, sex or any other type of discrimination. They must make a law and enforce it to stop people from discriminating. Indonesia needs political assistance from other countries, because they must back up the law and support it.
      People have the right to speak. To stop the persecution of those who are speaking freely, government officials from around the world and news reporters must come to talk with the government to let them see that speaking is a right deserved by all. These people will be ambassadors for free speech and will be there to defend those who are trying to speak and are unfairly prosecuted.
      The abuse of young girls is wrong and to stop this we need the influence of countries to change the minds of the people. Laws have to be passed to protect these minors that are being abused. The laws should not only protect the young girls, but punish those who have done wrong to them so they may learn and serve as an example to others.
      These are my proposed solutions to better my country. I hope that my country takes a part  in your heart that makes you want to help, because it is greatly needed for a better future for these Indonesian citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment